SECURITY FOR EVERY TREND
ABUS has an answer to every bicycle trend. This Frame Lock protects your bike with extra wide tyres.
The Frame Lock SHIELD™ 5650L is the enlarged standard version of the Frame Lock SHIELD™ 5650 from ABUS. With the special version, the bicycle lock is suitable for bicycles with extra wide tyres. With an inside width of 78 mm, the lock has an extra large wheel passage and can therefore also be mounted on wheels with so-called balloon tyres. Mounting is simple and is done by attaching the lock to the rear mounts.
- 8.5 mm thick locking shackle
- The shackle, the case as well as supporting elements of the locking mechanism are made of special hardened steel
- Accessories can easily be fitted to the locking mechanism on the lock housing
- Extra large wheel travel (enlarged to standard version 5650)
- In the R version, the key remains in the cylinder when the lock is opened; in the NR version, it can be pulled out
Operation and use:
- Good protection at medium theft risk
- Recommended for securing good bicycles
- Specially optimised frame lock for use with balloon tyres
- LH - Easy mounting by screwing to the rear struts
- ABUS’ LH adapter strap is an alternative mounting option, which provides secure hold if there are no holes in the rear section. This adapter can be purchased in addition to this lock.
- Frame locks are a convenient protection against unauthorized use of the bicycle
- The 4960, 5850, 5650 Cable and Chain connection options significantly increase security
- The use of a second lock besides the frame lock is highly recommended